- Sabut urad dal (black lentils) - 1 cup
- Yellow moong dal (split green gram) - 1/4 cup
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Yogurt (dahi) - 2 1/2 cup
- Roasted cumin powder - 2 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Rock salt (kala namak) - 1 tsp
- Sugar powder - 1/2 tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves - 3 tbsp
- Tamarind chutney
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- First of all wash the dal thoroughly and soak it in cold water overnight.
- Grind the soaked dal to a smooth paste the next day, adding very little amount of water if necessary.
- Now mix 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds into the batter.
- Now take a muslin cloth and cover a small round utensil with the cloth and hold it tightly from underneath so that the top side of the
- utensil is tightly covered with the cloth giving a flat and firm platform for making bade.
- Now heat oil in a frying pan. Take 1 tablespoon of the batter and make a round dumpling on top of this covered utensil with one hand
- and hold the cloth from below tightly with the other.
- Drop round dumplings in the oil and fry until light golden brown.
- Now remove it and drain it on absorbent paper.
- Soak bade in salty water for 5 minutes, drain and squeeze out the water between the palms of your hand.
- Whisk the yogurt well with rock salt, sugar and salt.
- To serve, place the bade on a plate and cover it with yogurt.
- Add tamarind chutney over it.
- Sprinkle red chilli powder, cumin powder.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve it chilled.
- Tamarind (Imli) - 200gms
- Jaggery (Gur) - 300gms (grated)
- Roasted cumin (Jeera) Powder - 2 tsp
- Red chili powder - 2 tsp
- Black salt - 1 tsp
- Garam masala - 1 tsp
- First add 5 cups of water to tamarind and bring it to the flame and cook for 10 minutes.
- Strain it and add jaggery, chilli powder, cumin powder, salt, garam masala to it and mix it well.
- Now cook it again on medium flame till jaggery dissolves completely and the chutney gets semi thick.
- Take out the pulp from the tamarind mixture.
- This Chutney thickens more on cooling so check for consistency when using.
- Now you can also store it and can also use it for different purposes.